In this post I am going to show how we can open a SharePoint site in windows explorer with the help of My Network Places available in Windows operating system (generally located on desktop)
The main advantage of this scenario is to copy document library files from one SharePoint site to another very easily
- Select My Network Places, right click and Open
- In the windows of My NetWork Places, you can seen an icon Add Network Place, double click on that to open Add Network Place Wizard Click Next
- Under Service Providers Select Choose another network location, then click Next
- Under Internet or network address Type the Sharepoint Site url, then click Next
- Under Type a name for this network place provide some name to identify the network place, then click Next
- Finally click Finish
you can see Sharepoint site in windows explorer
Now, you are done, you can see all the file(s)/folder(s), subsite(s), list(s), document librarie(s) etc, in the windows explorer
If you want to copy the files of document library, double click on the particular document library then you can see all the files which are already existed, just select the file to copy and paste where ever you want, even you can copy and paste to the file system.
If you want to copy the document library files to another Sharepoint site, you should follow the above steps to open the another Sharepoint site in windows explorer, so that you can easily copy and paste files from one Sharepoint site to another.